Pages

Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011

2011 is going to be a good year. I'm determined to make it so.

I can go on and on about New Years resolutions but let's face it, I have never been able to stick to them. Instead, how about things I'm pretty sure will happen.

I am going to try and work on my health and losing weight. Obviously this isn't the easiest thing for me, so I am going to try. If anyone out there wants to keep me accountable to this I would love the help.

I am beyond excited about our bills. Yes, I know, that is something ridiculous to be excited about. However it is exciting. We haven't been exactly awesome with our finances, and racked up quite some debt. But I'm very excited to share that out of all of our bills we paid off one of them in December and the last payment on a loan comes out this month. As soon as Dave gets another job we are going to be great. We have the extra funds from the 2 bills, plus since moving to Alberta our car insurance is cheaper, our Mortgage is cheaper and some of our utilities are cheaper. I know we will make our bills slowly disappear, and while they may not be gone this year I know that we will have made a dent in it.

I know that we will be working on our house. New windows and insulation in the walls if we want to survive another winter without A) freezing or B) becoming broke from heating. lol. I plan on painting and decorating a bit. Everything in this house is either a light or dark color of beige. I kid you not. The previous owners left us a note with the colors of paint attached to it. It was one paint chip with 2 colors circled. I need some color in this place and have some great ideas for it.

Also, most importantly I really want to get my business going. I've launched my etsy store (http://kristinscraftythings.etsy.com) and really want to make people happy with what I can make. I want people to get a smile on their faces when they see they've been given a handmade item and know that some thought went into their gifts. If anyone out there has any kind of event coming up, birthdays, wedding showers, baby showers, thank you cards, mother's Day, Father's day, or even just a little something pretty to let a friend know you are thinking of them. I would love to make something special for you. I want to be a part of your special Occassion. I can also make an upcoming Birthday party a blast with themed Decorations. If you have a need I will try my hardest to wow you. I hope I have a chance to work with you in the upcoming year!

In closing, I am going to try to make this an awesome year. Come on 2011, let's rumble!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about the bills, I am always super excited when we are able to completely pay off one or more of ours!

    I decided when I woke up this morning I was going to try and lose weight 0_0, so if you ever need a buddy in the healthy eating area, I'm always here :)

    ReplyDelete

Swidget 1.0

Wipe Your Paws

Wipe Your Paws