Pages

Thursday, March 28, 2013

I found it on Pinterest!

I vaguely remembered a pin, this pin in fact, about putting a glow stick in bubbles and having glow in the dark bubbles.
 
 
We had some left over bubbles from Mackenzie's birthday party, and I figured why not. In the summer it doesn't start to get dark here until about 11pm or later, so it's really not the best time to test this out with Austin. Even though it was kind of cold tonight and about 40 minutes past his bed time I figured what the hell.
 
I busted out the glow stick tube I bought at Michaels. I didn't have high hopes for these glow sticks. The other tube I bought and pulled out when we lost power during a storm to light the way through our house for Austin didn't glow very much at all. They were sad and pathetic. I wish I had known that before buying 2 tubes, but anyways.
 
I decide on yellow glow sticks since they seemed to be glowing the brightest out of all of them (and glowing is an understatement) Take them to the kitchen and cut off an end and try to dump it in. Nothing came out. I tried wiggling the glow stick, nothing. So, I figured out I had to cut it into small pieces (I cut them into 3 pieces) and blow through the one end to get everything out.(without my lips touching!) Now, I will note, I think these glow sticks suck because they don't have enough glowing liquid in them. A good glow stick will probably pour out much easier. Anyways, I emptied 3 glow sticks out into the bubbles, had Austin get his coat and boots on.
 
I shook up the bottle and had high hopes since our bottle looked like this one but yellow.
 
 
We got outside and could barely see the bubbles I was blowing. I let Austin blow a few bubbles then we came inside.
 
Then, I went to clean up.
 
Holy shit. That glow stick crap goes everywhere! My hands were covered in it. I didn't have the forethought to get my good camera out so I took some cell phone pictures.
 
 
This is what my garbage pail looked like.
 
But then, I thought I would take a picture of the garbage pail with the light off.
 
 
So I did. But once I shut the light off...... Oh.My.God.
 
There were splatters of glowing alllll over my kitchen. In places I didn't think would have reached. Austin laughed and said I had to clean that up. Everything on the counter and sink were splattered, my skin, my clothes, and my feet were covered. And my floor. All over the floor. Again, no forethought to get out the good camera (which seeing this mess makes me a little happy as I'm sure my camera would have been covered too) so this is from my cell phone and kind of hard to see. But that is my floor, the garbage pail, and on the top right that is the inside of the cupboard that my garbage pail was in  before I started. Yes, that shit ended up in the cupboard.
 
I told Austin we would try again with a better glow stick. But I think next time will be in the summer and I will cut apart the glow sticks outside. My kitchen doesn't need that kind of mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0

Wipe Your Paws

Wipe Your Paws