Pages

Monday, March 18, 2013

The 1st birthday party

I will admit it. My poor daughter was victim to second child syndrome. I totally dropped the ball on her party. Austin? His was planned with little details months before his actual party. I threw Mackenzie's together in about a month and a half.
 
I thought of themes. I think owls are super cute, but "look Whoo's Two" is a much cuter theme then just an owl 1st birthday. Then I thought pink cowgirl. Then, I tried to book somewhere for the party. (we do not have the space we had when Austin turned 1) Of course being a slight procrastinator left me with few options.  Finally, we booked a party at Crock A Doodle. I knew Mackenzie wouldn't care what we did for her party. However, a lot of our friends all have kids about Austin's age. I wanted to do something that they wouldn't get bored. Crock A Doodle it was. Basically a pottery painting place.
 
Ta-Da! Artist theme party!!!!  I went to order a cake.... and there was nothing cute for an artisty theme. I found a cute sesame street cake in their book that had polka dots all over it. I requested the polka dots in pinks and purples.  Of course then I thought, hmmm, Austin had a 1st birthday that was Elmo, and we had a bunch of supplies left over. (the plastic plates I bought for the party? We still use them today. 3 years later) I went to the party store and bought a happy 1st birthday Sesame Street candle, some Sesame Street decorations that I knew we didn't have for Austin's birthday, and let Austin pick out random party favours to give away.
 
Let's just say, it's a good thing I bought some Sesame Street stuff. Because when I went to the box of party supplies, there was a vapourizer in there instead. And the left over supplies from Austin's 3rd birthday when I just lifted the flap of the box high up on the closet shelf and dropped them in what I thought was our left over party supply box. Imagine my surprise, when I found all that 1st birthday stuff I already had was gone.  The party still went on with a hybrid Artist/Sesame Street theme.
 
So, to keep with the Artist theme, I got out my sewing machine and got crafty. I picked up 3 different colour of star fabric and made all the party goers an apron for crafting and cooking!
 
 
 
So, the goodie bags consisted of: Sand Bucket to hold everything, 2 Sesame Street crazy straws, a Sesame Street blower, a container of bubbles, Colouring page roll, mini pencil crayons, clackers, a mini skateboard, magnifying glass, and a mini set of paint.
 
The Aprons were put at each kids seat as they came in.
The kids? They loved the painting! Even the birthday girl got in on it!
 
 
 
She had so much fun rubbing the paint all over her face.
 
And getting her handprints done!
 
 
And then? It was time for cake!
 
 
 
 
 
 
And I'm pretty sure she enjoyed her cake a lot.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
And finally, my 2 adorable kids.
 
(And it bugs me that even though the bows on her shirt and her shoes were the same color, the picture looks like the bows are orange and the shoes are pink)
 
And this picture? Just makes my heart melt. She loves her big brother so much.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0

Wipe Your Paws

Wipe Your Paws