Pages

Saturday, February 18, 2012

2nd time mom's don't know either....

Here we are, possibly just days away from having our second baby, and I've come to a conclusion. I'm no better then I was last time around! Yes, I know what it's like to have my water break, I know what it's like to deal with steady contractions, and I know the feeling of holding your newborn baby in your arms.

However, the beginning of labor? I swear some days in like a first time mom. I feel a twitch or a cramp and think omg, is this a contraction? A twitch and think, ooh, what is that? Sigh. It's not any easier this time around I tell you!

I am trying to relax and not freak out about everything, but some days it's not really that easy. While this pregnancy is a million times easier then the last one, i would still love her to come any day now. Dave is home this week. However as of Tuesday he is supposed to be back at work. With my due date looming we are in limbo trying to figure out if he should take extra time off, and I so, how much? A day? A week? 2 weeks? So many options without any concrete answers.

So dear baby girl, you can come out any day now. We would love to meet you. I promise I won't be mad if you decide a middle of the night departure, it's not like I'm sleeping much anyways.

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly what you mean, I started to contract a week before our second actually came and I started to wonder if it was the real thing. Would it be just as strong as with my son? Because since its a "been there, done that" type of thing can you tolerate it more so the pain is not as intense. I will say that once active labor did start it was just as intense as with the first, but it all happened in a qaurter of the time. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete

Swidget 1.0

Wipe Your Paws

Wipe Your Paws