Pages

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Another Weekend

Where did this past week go? It's like poof, it's gone! I wanted to get Austin's hair done this week but alas didn't get it done.

I'm writing this post while in the car on the way to Dave's grandparents. We've packed a lunch and goodies and we're going to visit and catch up. I'm not sure if I got a chance to go visit after Brian and Korrinne's wedding, but it's been quite a few months since we've seen them.

They are always so fun to visit. There is only one way to greet Grandma, and that is a hug. Doesn't matter how long she's know you. She's a great complimenter and always makes you feel great. And grandpa, well he just has such a contagious smile and makes you feel like you've just made his day. Of course there are hugs from him too. He is the cutest old man I think I have ever seen. (Think a skinny version of the man in UP!) They truly are a blessed couple and you can see the love for each other after all these years.

They make you so comfortable as you walk in the door. I remember almost 6 years ago now going to meet them for the first time. I was so nervous and worried they wouldn't like me. I was worried that they would decide I wasn't good enough for their grandson and conversation would be awkward. I walked in the door and was greeted by smiles and hugs and immediately felt comfortable. Conversation was easy and I left their house that weekend in love with them.

So today is going to be a great day of visiting grandma and grandpa (or Nana and Opa to Austin) and catching up. We are almost there and I can't wait!


Sent from my BlackBerry device on the Rogers Wireless Network

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0

Wipe Your Paws

Wipe Your Paws