Pages

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Growing!

I really need to get on here more often...

Tomorrow is Austin's 6 month birthday!! I will make sure to get some pictures and get them up here with his 5 month pictures. I am going to try and remember to take the pictures a little more than 30 min before bed...sigh. I did a huge load of laundry yesterday. It took me 45 min to fold it all. I got out all of Austin's 12 month clothes. Some of his PJ's are getting a little small (he's ripped the seams out of 3 sleepers in the past month!) and Dave's mom bought him a 12 month old outfit to keep at their house and it fit him perfectly. Austin also wet through his diaper and we had to wash the blankets sheets and matress pad so that did account for the load being slightly larger but 90% of it was his new clothes. The downside to him being in 12 month clothes is that a few pairs of shorts went into the too small box today. Some of them were 6 months and there are a few 9 months shorts I have to try on him and see if they fit before they get put away. It's just too cold still to put him in shorts. I am kind of excited to get him dressed tomorrow though because now we have a whole new wardrobe to pick from!! What shall we wear??

Austin has spent the weekend recovering from carpet burn on his forehead. It's kind of funny. He's been trying to crawl and his arms will give out on him and his head will hit the carpet. Then when he gets really frustrated that he's only going backwards he will put his head down and try to kick his feet. I'm sure it hurt a bit but once he stopped doing it and it started to scab over it didn't seem to bother him at all. I think he's also going to do yoga. He's been putting his head down and raising his bum up in a downward dog sort of pose. I will try to get pictures of it tomorrow if I can. So adorable.

I have been keeping up with my reading. I decided I wanted to read Jane Austin since I've never read anything of hers. The library only had Mansfield park and Emma. I chose to start with Mansfield park. I'm a little confused and having a hard time staying with the story. I will keep trying though! I also just picked up 3 more books at the library so I will be adding them to the list.

We had the craft and yard sale at the church this past weekend. It was a disaster. We got all set up and the day seemed like it was going to be good. Then the rain came. It got so bad that everything was soaking wet and we were packed up and home by 10:30am. I was selling pacifier straps and home-made cards. I sold one card and one strap. Totally not fun. I have been working for a few months making cards and straps... I will just have to do another craft sale!!

I'm excited to announce that I have kept my car free of garbage for 23 days now!!! I don't think my car has ever been clean that long. Although I will have to wash my windshield. Tonight I hit the straw of my slushee and it flung slushee on the windshield. It's not so bad that you can notice it but I should still clean it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0

Wipe Your Paws

Wipe Your Paws