Pages

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Happy 1 month!

Edit: I started this last night but fell asleep before I could finish it.

Today Mackenzie is one month old!!!


It's also easter so I'm sure I'll have a million more pictures tomorrow. :)


Our first month, well, I'm not going to lie, it was a fairly easy transition. Ask me how our second month went, and I'm sure it's not going to be so great. I had Dave here, and his dad has been here since Feb 15th, plus for a week my mom was here, then finally Dave's mom is here now. She leaves to go home on monday. Then I am all on my own for a week until Dave gets home again. So next month? It will probably be hard. I won't have an extra set of hands to feed Mackenzie while I have a shower. Or someone to feed Austin while I feed Mackenzie. I hope it won't take long to get into our new routine and get into a groove so it's not so hard.
Other updates on our month - Mackenzie has awesome strength and when on your chest is lifting her head up so much. She LOVES the bath. Seems like I have another water baby on my hands. She's sleeping awesome. She's still breastfeeding awesome. This is a big acomplishment for me. We had so much trouble with Austin, I was in pain, and I more than likely gave up much quicker then I should have. However, Mackenzie has been a star at breastfeeding, and her weight gain shows it. She started at 9lbs 8oz when she was born. Her one week dr's appt had her at 10lbs 2oz. We visited the public health nurse and did a weight check at 3 weeks and she was 10lbs 10oz. Now I'm not sure what her one month stats are because our appt was re-scheduled for next week due to an awesome (read the sarcasm there) snowstorm the other day. I'm also producing quite a bit of milk and pump occassionally. I've built up a nice freezer stash and occassionally feed Mackenzie a bottle. She took to the bottle and will alternate between them like it's nothing. Which, is amazing and a god send. A few weeks ago I got one of my super fun (oh look, sarcasm again) migraines. I went and crawled into bed and left a bottle of pumped milk for her to eat.
Now Austin? He's adjusting so well to being a big brother. He still doesn't get that she can't just play cars with him or have a cheese string if she's hungy. (believe me, he's tried) He's not all over her trying to smother her with love, but he's also not hating her and wanting to send her back. (yet) He goes about his business and plays toys, asks us to play with him, and pretends she's not there. If I need him to help get a diaper or something like that, he's all over it. He's an awesome helper that's for sure.
Anyways, here's a few more shots from today's 1 month picture show and one of Austin and his sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0

Wipe Your Paws

Wipe Your Paws