Pages

Sunday, June 14, 2009

The week in review.

Wow. It's been a while since I was on here. Last week sucked because I was sick (and no, not pregnant..lol) I spent most days in bed doing very little. Thursday I was finally feeling better and went to babyville. It was great to get out. Friday I skipped stroller fit. Even though my cold was gone I was still having some issues with my breathing. Instead on Friday Austin and I went over to Dave's parents to help prepare for the Jack and Jill Brian was throwing for his friend Friday night. I did some meat trays (with the help of dave's dad) and then did some coloring of signs. Dave and I were the bartenders for the event so Austin had a sleepover at grandma and grandpa's. Austin Had also tried 2 new foods. Banana's and Peaches. There was no reaction to the banana's but he did make faces for the Peaches. Unfortunately that is the only one I didn't get a video of.

Saturday was Belinda's mom's 70th birthday party. We got there around 2 and stayed until around 10:30. It was a good afternoon until the mosquitoes came out after the sun went down.

Today we really didn't do much. Austin was up bright and early but around 8:30/9:00 he needed a nap so I laid in bed with him and he woke me back up at 10:30. I put him in his jumperoo and he was content and I drifted in and out of sleep for another hour or so. We just chilled out and watched some tv until Dave got home from his ball games this morning then we headed over to Dave's parents for our Father's day dinner. Dave's Mom and I went to Walmart to pick up some things for Austin. We got wipes, formula and some baby food. We bought the jars that were for 6 months plus instead of beginner. I bought 2 jars of each of the 6 months plus foods. Plus I bought some 6 months fruits and some stage 2 cereal. Tomorrow we will try mixed grains cereal. Once he is finished that I have mixed grains and fruit cereal.

I also bought some fresh vegetables to make my own baby food. I bought carrots, Broccoli, asparagus and baby eggplant. For what I've gotten out of the veggies it's definately cheaper than the jarred food. I've been saving the old jars and ended up with:

1 jar of asparagus plus a full ice cube tray of them. Cost me $2.37 for it.
8 Jars of Carrots. Cost me $2.00 for them. (One Jar is $.76 at walmart for the Heinz brand) *Tip, keep some of the water from the carrots to make it less thick if wanted.
4 1/2 Jars of Broccoli. Cost me $1.00 for it. *keep water to make it easier to puree
1 1/2 containers (the ones the fruit comes in from Heinz) of Eggplant. Cost me $3.00 for 2 of the baby ones. *I baked these at 350 for 45 min - an hour Because they are baked you need to add some water. Even though they are quite juicy it still wasn't enough to puree.

I made the baby food and played on the computer on an off and it took about 3 hours all together. I have labelled the lid of every jar with a number. I didn't want to write carrots on the jar and have the next batch of food be broccoli in the jar and I have to cross it out. Eventually I would run out of room. I am writing every number on the whiteboard in the kitchen plus writing what is in the jar and when it was made. That way there we know which food is oldest and we don't loose jars in the freezer.



Austin turned 7 months old yesterday. Unfortunately we have been so busy all weekend I haven't gotten a picture of him with his month old sign. I am going to make the sign and get a picture of it tomorrow. Tomorrow is also mine and Dave's 4 year anniversary. I can't believe it's already been 4 years since we've started dating. Time flies when you're having fun!!


101 in 1,001 update. I went an entire week without drinking pop. I have also read 3 more (almost 4) books. The twilight series by Stephenie Meyers. Twilight, New moon, and eclipse.


I think that is all. I'm heading to bed now that all the food is put away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0

Wipe Your Paws

Wipe Your Paws