Pages

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Our Week

It's Saturday again. I can't beleive how fast the week went. I think Dave being home on Monday definately helped the week along.

Tuesday we did nothing. Dave was at work and Austin and I didn't leave the upstairs. My back hurt too much to be carying him around the house so I retired to our room. I have been renting the entire Dawson's creek seasons through our zip.ca account, so Tuesday Austin and I watched Season six, disc 2.

Then Wednesday came and I still was pretty sore so I dropped Austin off at my dad's and headed to the dr's. He gave me a muscle relaxant and when he noticed I was all alone without the baby said to me when we were done the appt "You can just stay in here for an extra 30 minutes if you want and if anyone asks I'll tell them I made you wait." I told him thanks anyways but left....(If I really wanted some extra time away from the baby I wouldn't spend it in the dr's office thank you very much) I stopped at tims, went back to my dad's then spent about an hour in the Hot tub while Dad and Bo kept watching Austin. Around 1 I headed to Dave's mom's work and visited for a bit then walked around the mall to get exercise and because Austin is noticing so much more now so walking around the mall is great for him. When I got home I regretted doing so much carrying of Austin in his car seat because I was hurting, however once I started taking the muscle relaxants I felt a million times better.

Thursday we met Vicky, Michelle, Shawn and Jacob at the movies. Saw confession of a Shopaholic. I really liked it. Much better than the mom and baby movie the week before - He's just not that into you. I didn't really like that one. After the movies we had a photographer come to the house. She took adorable pics of Austin and I can't wait to get them back. She said it would be about 10 days. I will have to invite all of the grandparents over to view them because I don't know if we will order them all, and I suck at picking pictures out of a whole bunch of cute ones. Then me and Vicky watched Mamma Mia. She hadn't seen it yet so I volunteered my house to watch it.... and to visit with Vicky obviously.

Then it was Friday. My mom and I went shopping at the Pickering Town Centre. I was searching for cute dressy baby clothes. Sue had told me about getting Owen's spring coat at H&M. I didn't know they had a baby section and just assumed that it would be an expensive store. It's not expensive at all!!! In fact it was cheaper if not the same as the other stores we went to. I almost bought him a white button up shirt with a bow tie but it was waaaaayyyy too dressy. I did get him a red and blue plaid button up shirt and a light blue collared shirt with navy blue argyle pattern on it. Then we went to the children's place and I got Austin a pair of Overalls, a blue white and orange striped button up shirt (And avoided the very strong urge to buy the matching tie!!!!) and 2 onsies - one says chicks dig me and the other says Mr Popular. By the time we were done all the shopping I was ready to go home. When I got home Austin had a much needed nap, he stayed awake almost the whole shopping trip, and I started some more scrapbooking.

That has been our week. I got a lot of scrapbooking done the past 2 days and I'm proud to say I've finished over 3/4 of the book and just have the pictures from the hospital done. Wow. Now I have to start printing more pictures off and getting them in the album too. Although I would like to do a first year album in 12x12 sheets instead of the 8.5x11 so I might just dig up more hospital pics and finish off the pages and keep the smaller album a just born/hospital album.

What I find funny though is that people look back at the pictures of their children and say oh look how small they were. I didn't get sad looking back on the pictures. What made me sad about Austin getting bigger is that when buying him clothes I bought the 6-9 months thinking it would be at least another month before he wears them but they fit him now. Just a tiny bit big. His light blue shirt I looked at and thought no way would that fit him. It's in the wash now so we'll see tomorrow if it fits or not. My little boy is getting bigger. Although I never thought I would have a 3 months, 1 week, 2 day old wearing 6-9 month clothing. Let's hope the summer gets here soon or else I'm going to have a bunch of pairs of shorts that won't fit him. (Because in theory he would have been wearing the 6 month clothes in May not Feb so when I got shorts at the baby showers it made sense.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0

Wipe Your Paws

Wipe Your Paws