Pages

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Run for the Cure

Hey everyone!

I thought I would just quickly put this out there. Since I was able to come to Ontario to visit with family early, I am able to participate in the CIBC Run for the the Cure. Any money raised goes to the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation. Why is this so important to me?? Last December, just before Christmas, we found out that my step mom had been diagnosed with Breast Cancer. Mere months before that my 17 yr old cousin had been diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma Cancer. Needless to say last year our family was hit hard. (My grandfather also passed away from cancer about 6 years ago and my step mom has also recently lost her mother to cancer)

After being there and supportive through what seemed like endless chemo and radiation treatments we are finally done. Most of our family has decided that we are going to do the CIBC Run for the cure and try and raise as much money as we can to help the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation. Research and support are so important in the never ending battle of cancer.

I am asking that you help me out and donate to our team. We will walk tall and proud (maybe not all that quickly) and will make sure we are having a damn fun time while we're at it. If everyone donates even $1 it will help. I want to thank you for all the support and our team will do you proud!!! Just simply click on the button below and make a mark in the battle against Cancer!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0

Wipe Your Paws

Wipe Your Paws