Pages

Friday, October 29, 2010

The day has come

Good morning blog readers. I am up bright and early. Wanted to say goodbye to my step dad before he heads off to work, and well, I'm still up. Plus, I spend the last few hours... ok, I've spent all the hours since attempting to go to bed tossing and turning. At least I can sleep in the car.

Today is the big day, all our stuff is packed and ready to go. Truck is in tip top shape and the In Laws car is cleaned out and ready to be returned. For the past few months, I've had this song stuck in my head.




The song is for a different reason then mine, but still. I'm Alberta Bound. Crazy. Every time I think about it I sing this song (maybe because it's the only song I know with Alberta in it?? haha!)

Still, I wonder what it will be like. Will I freeze this winter? I went all last winter without a coat because I'm always hot, but this might be a whole different winter for me. Ok, I know it will be a whole different winter for me. lol.

I've been trying not to think about this whole thing too much. I've been packing up boxes to store things to make our house look uncluttered, packing to get ready to move, packing all of the house to move in with my mom..... The packing hasn't fazed me. The fact that I've packed everything up at my mom's and loaded the truck doesn't faze me. We will see how I do this morning.

I'm not going to lie, I'm nervous about our trip. This may be the ultimate test of marriage here. haha! Forget the fact that we've lived apart for most of the past year and a half. It was trying and so very difficult at times, but I have a feeling this trip might be the major test. To say it mildly, my husband can be stubborn. In his mind he knows what he's going to do. Forget if he's wrong or you want to veer off that course. So, he's done this drive before. I can guarantee he's already gotten his stops planned, and the nights planned. (and he's planned it's going to take 3 days...) I can guarantee that I'm going to disrupt that plan. haha! I want to see this country (and will try to stay awake as long as possible) and I want to make some stops. Plus, I have a ridiculously small bladder, so I would say I'm going to be getting familiar with quite a few of the bathrooms across Canada. We're also going to be alone. No kid, no other people. I can't remember the last time we've been alone, just the 2 of us, in an enclosed space for multiple days. This should be fun. lol. I will however be posting from the road and updating my twitter through text message. I just figured out how to add pictures to my tweets so I will make sure to document well on my way!!

I also have the magnets I made for Ashley, with the Violet Ribbon that say "Be strong, be brave, we are fighting with you" I've decided to get pics and randomly put the magnets places, and documenting where in Canada the support for Ashley is. (FYI, if you randomly end up with a magnet on your car.... sorry. hahaha!!!)

As you can tell i'm trying to make this trip as fun as possible to avoid tears. Like I said I will be updating quite a bit, and for now I'm signing off, I've been working on this for a few hours now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0

Wipe Your Paws

Wipe Your Paws