Pages

Thursday, September 9, 2010

What do you do?

I'm a bit at a loss. What exactly do you do first when you find out you are actually moving? When the offer comes through, when the negotiations are finished. Do you start to pack up hoping there isn't a problem with conditions? What about when the conditions are lifted. Where do you start? How do you remember to do everything? There are so many questions that go through your mind it's crazy!

Our house did sell. I didn't really tell anyone other then immediate family until the conditions were lifted. We only had 4 weeks from when the offer came in to our closing date. Waiting until the conditions were lifted gave us 3 weeks. I didn't want to start packing and jinx it. We still have one condition to be lifted, but I'm pretty confident we'll be fine. Next Question is where do you start? Well today I started on my spare bedroom. Took the bed apart, emptied the closet, boxed everything up. Great. What do I do now though? I think I'll start taking pictures down, packing up some toys, maybe some clothes. Start on packing DVD's, hall closet items, office supplies, CD's, bakewear and extra dishes?

Then, I keep thinking. I have to call about the cable, the utilities, the natural gas, I have to call and change our address so we don't annoy the new people with our mail. But wait. Where do I send the mail. We don't have a new place to go. All I know is we're moving to Alberta. Where are we going? We don't have a house, apartment or even a square of land to huddle in. How can I forward our mail? I've already figured out that Austin and I will stay with my mom until we get a place and go, but how long will that be? What about Austin's birthday? Will we still be here? I don't know, so we're having it over a month early. Who knows when we will be going and I want our parents and family to celebrate our little boy turning 2.

There are so many things to think about, and for someone who likes to have a plan and write it down 12 different times this is stressing me out. I don't know what my immediate future holds for me. All I know is that in 20 days I will no longer call this place home. Someone else will call it home. They will make their own memories here. Sigh. We will call another place home and make great memories that include all of us together.

Truth is, this is very overwhelming. Knowing that I really only get 2 weeks of my husband home to help me out over the next 6 weeks is even more overwhelming. I don't want to do anything but I want to get it all done. There are a lot of things crawling around my head making me think and reminding me of a lot of things. To be honest, I have my sad days. I'm just thinking of all the people who are missing out on my life and it makes me sad. However there is nothing I can do but just move forward.

Who knew there was so much to think about when you're moving across Canada?

1 comment:

  1. Just try to focus on the positive stuff. Having the house sell is great! Moving sucks, but in the end it'll be well worth it to be together as a family again. I'm excited for you!

    ReplyDelete

Swidget 1.0

Wipe Your Paws

Wipe Your Paws