Pages

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Malibu!

For those avid readers of this blog, you may remember me talking about my mommy message board. Those ladies have been there for me, and for everyone else on the board whenever anything goes on. I could not have asked for a better group of e-friends. Seriously, words escape me.
 
Anyways, we started talking and decided we needed to get together on the West side of the country. Let's be honest,  the states is way more exciting than Alberta. Finally, a destination was chosen and the rest of the planning commenced.
 
We were going to California. Specifically, Malibu.
 
This was amazing to me since I haven't really travelled much. Plus, it was a weekend away with the girls to relax, in a mansion.
 
September 7th arrived and we all congregated (Some had gone the day before, but I was going on the 7th.) in LA then Malibu.
 
We did not go to see the Hollywood sign, but luckily for me I did get to see it. While we were descending into LAX I saw it. I swear this is the Hollywood sign. I swear it people. lol. Yes, it's blurry, but it was zoomed in on my iPhone.
 
 
I thank heavens my fellow message board friend from Jasper was on the same flight. She was familiar with LAX, I would have wandered around like a lost puppy for a while.
 
Our ride to the rental house was a California Native with a 7 seater. We were the Kristin/Kristen Car. There were 3 Kristin/en's a Megan and Michelle.
 
 
On our way! Top and bottom left, the View while driving down the PCH, top right, Sunset Blvd, bottom right, view of the hills opposite PCH
 
 
The house!!! Top left - pulling in the driveway, middle left - the view from the dining room, bottom left - the view from the living room. Right - the view from the rooftop patio
 
 
 
Friday we all just hung around the house. It was crazy to see all these real life people I have talked to online for all these years. We lounged around the pool and hot tub for a few hours before getting ready to go for dinner.
 
We had an amazing dinner, and an even more amazing waiter. The margaritas were very dangerous.
 
Back to the house for more pool time, more drink time, and more talking.
 
 
I love the bottom left pic. What else do you expect a group of internet friends to do? Of course we were online.
 
 
Now the house, was beautiful. However slightly ecentric in the decorating. For example, Instagram Jesus (no, that is not an instagram filter used on the picture, that is the picture in all it's glory) and the random chandelier in the Movie room.
 
 
 
Now, let me tell you about dear Caroline. She is a bucket of Awesome. Lover of music and the best person to have around. Saturday morning she was one of the last ones sleeping. So we decided to wake her up in the best way ever. We sang to her:
 
 
Saturday we went to El Matador beach. It was beautiful. The waves were dangerous and nearly took some people out. We did lose a pair of sunglasses. Hope some sea creature is enjoying them.
 
But, it was nice to just sit on a beach, and only have the worry about the sand in your own butt crack, not that your kid is eating sand, oh look one is peeing on someone's beach towel, do not put your head in there.... ahhh It was glorious.
 
Top left - the view from the top of the cliff we had to scale down to get to the beach (oh yeah, and climb back up. ugh) Top right - My feet in the ocean!!!! Bottom Left, my view from the beach towel
 
 
After the beach we went to Neptune's net. A Biker Sea food bar. There was security in the parking lot. Not going to lie, was slightly scared. However, it was awesome. Loved the casual relaxed feel, and the non-seafood food was pretty good too. Then back to the house and back to more booze, conversation, and a slight bit of online stalking of Patrick Dempsey (who lived down the street from our rented house!!!) but he wouldn't come play with 25 random internet moms. What a party pooper. lol
 
I mean, who wouldn't want to come party with this:
 
 
Another highlight of our weekend were the most AH-MA-ZING cookies ever. They came from Salsa Sweets and seriously, the pics speak for themselves.
 
 
 
So, overall, an amazing weekend and I had the best time ever. There is already a malibooze being planned for 2013. Such a great and much needed getaway. I seriously love all the girls I met (and all the other's I've yet to meet, but it will happen I promise!) and this weekend will go down in history.
 
 
Left - the lineup of empty bottles saturday night. Sans 98% of the beer bottles. Top right - Saturday morning champagne and sorbet. Best way to start the day! Bottom right - Doing whip cream shots out of a mini cod pitcher. Super classy!
 
So, that is all I have for this post. But a post about Malibu just won't be complete without a final
Fuck you, Cookie indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0

Wipe Your Paws

Wipe Your Paws