Pages

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Meds suck.

More specifically being weaned off meds suck. Due to some issues with my meds I'm being switched.

Now, when my dr first started me on the anti depressants I just started to take them. On one hand I've heard through a few different friends that the ones I'm taking (effexor) is the best they've ever had, works really well. On the other hand I've heard through a few other people that it's the worst meds to try and wean off of.

We had to do a rather quick switch and let me tell you, my body is not appreciating it. Yesterday was the first full day of the switch. If I moved too quickly I would get dizzy and a little light headed. Other then that I was good.

Today? Today is a shit show. Walking has proven difficult. I am dizzy, light headed, and nauseous. I can't move my head without having to stop and take a few breaths. I am beyond thankful that dave and his dad are here. There is no way I would be able to care for austin. I've napped more then I would like to today, simply because I don't feel dizzy then.

There is a small part of me that is thinking maybe the dr went about this wrong. I think the transition from one to the other should have taken more time. My dr (I should note a different one then originally prescribed me the pills) has me off the old pills already. A 2 day wean.

Shoot me.

I don't ever want to go through this again. I feel like I am in a hell composed of a non stop spinning carnival ride. You know, the ride that you stand against the wall and it spins and spins and spins and you slowly creep up the wall. (Omg just typing that made me almost throw up!! This sucks)

I can't wait for the follow up appt where I can tell the dr just how much I appreciate this trip.

The best news out of this? My in laws are here for 3 weeks so if this lasts more then the next few days I have some help. Thank goodness!

1 comment:

  1. a 2 day wean? that's bullshit. you cant do that in 2 days you could have gone nuts and tried to kill yourself.
    effexor is the best I think though. ive been on them all in the past and it is the only one that helped. how many mgs were you on a day?

    ReplyDelete

Swidget 1.0

Wipe Your Paws

Wipe Your Paws