Pages

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Long time gone.

Well hello again.

I've been busy with work. I've finished my training class and now I am in "abay" which is on the phones but I have to reach certain goals before I can move on to regular work (which for me is better schedules) and for the rest of the people in my class it means a raise. The schedule sucks big time. We have sunday monday off which is fine, but we are working 1:30-10:30 and then saturday shifts usually start and end later. This shift is making child care arrangements a little difficult. It's not like I can just not worry because Dave will be home to watch him all night. I have to get someone to either take Austin for the night or hang out at my house until I'm done work. It sucks.

Friday night after work some of us from our training class went out to boston Pizza afterwards to have a drink. Austin was spending the night at Grandma and Grandpa R's so I went along. It was fun, we chatted, enjoyed some food (mmmm nachos!) then I got home around 1am. Last night Austin had another sleepover at Grandma and Grandpa R's. Because I didn't have to rush home to relieve a babysitter I went with a classmate to the car wash. They had left a cooler in the back of their car full of water and a few left over beer and it tipped over and created puddles in the back. We went and used the wet vaccuum and spent 2 hours trying to get the water out of the back of the car. I got home around 2:30. I slept in through church this morning because I was a little tired so I figured I should update here a bit then get moving since church is over soon.

Austin turned 10 months old last weekend..... And got baby measles (aka Roseola) He broke out in spots sunday morning. His 10 month old pictures are coming. They were taken very late unfortunately. Sunday we were dealing with all the spots and the dr's then we had to pick Dave up from the airport. Monday was a busy day complete with my first day of night school. Tuesday and wednesday we were out of town at a funeral and thursday I was back to work and dave was back to the airport. I finally got the pictures taken yesterday but he didn't really have a lot of spots left.

We still have no teeth, and still have very little hair. Maybe he will have some hair by his second birthday.. lol. Austin is getting closer and closer to walking. I went to put him in the bath last week and when I put him on the floor in the bathroom he stayed crouched down, picked up his bath toys then stood himself up and stood there for a good 2 minutes while I got his bath stuff ready. Once I turned the water on though he grabbed the tub and tried to look in. He is also starting to take a few steps while holding on to only one hand instead of freezing up as soon as you let go of one of his hands. He has mastered closing things. He has a pop up toy at Dave's parents and he won't push the buttons to make the animals pop up but he loves to put the lids back down. And, He loves cupboards. He will sit and open and close cupboards for ever. Unfortunately the closing ends up as slamming and it gets pretty noisy. If there is something bothering him or in his way he pushes it out of his way, and he can turn pages in books (and also rip pages out of magazines instead of turning them.) He will lay in his crib on his back just waiting for his blanket, then he will take the blanket in his arms, roll over and go to sleep. He melts my heart every day, even when he's crying and won't settle down at 1am. He is saying Dada, we are trying to get him to connect dada with Dave. I think it's working a little but he still says it for a lot of things. He says mama as well, but I find he usually only says it while crying. I'm not sure if he's connected me as his mama and is calling for me or if he's just saying it while crying. A funny thing happened a while ago, I was trying to get him to say mama and I said to him "Can you say mama? I'm your mama" and he just shook his head no after the I'm your mama part. It was cute and funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0

Wipe Your Paws

Wipe Your Paws